I don't really know how much it is. May be not that much, I just know that several offices I've been into have xm radio etc running on several desktops. Maybe 40-60k per session? Just curious.

Not sure how to identify a constrant stream of traffic from a specific, but random IP.

Randall
----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh Luthman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mikrotik discussions" <mikrotik@mail.butchevans.com>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Mikrotik] Streaming Music etc.

When I visit customer sites the main one I see is (local) radio stations.
This, in my experience, is the dominating music stream source.
Unfortunately, they are not centralized by any means.

Perhaps you could do something with port 80 and a constant stream of traffic
queue?  Should the timer be hit limit the entire customer's bandwidth?

I can't say I have ever heard of this one before. What kind of bandwidth is
the streaming content using and what kind of bandwidth do you have at its
peak?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343