On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Randy Cosby wrote:

Any ideas on how to make something like this work without Nstreme2, and without routing? Ie: I want to bridge from point a to point B, with two radios on each side being used in a full-duplex (or pseudo-full-duplex) mode. Seems nstreme2 would do this, but would not have the failover advantages. WDS or some sort of mesh?

There is a way to bridge this configuration. It is more than I can easily do to explain the process here, but I'll try to get an article written that covers that, too.

For what it's worth, when I cover this in my online training, I do usually go over the process to bridge this type of link. I know that sounds like a "sales pitch" (and I guess it is in a way), but it is not easily done without pictures as the text to explain it would be pretty confusing.

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*http://blog.butchevans.com/    *Wired or wireless Networks        *
*http://www.wisp-forums.com/    *http://www.wisp-wiki.com/
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Professional Technical Trainer    *