We have a bunch of MT AP's with Tz CPQ's working fine with TKIP.   But I
just realized that we use Nagios to check all the connections and that
would satisfy your criteria of traffic more than once an hour.   We
noticed that behavior a long time ago when we were packaging Linksys
bridges into boxes with StarOS AP's and used nagios to work around that.
 Guess that kept us from seeing this problem too...

Robert