On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Earnie <ear...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Ozkan Sezer wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Vincent Torri
>> <vincent.to...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> hey
>>>
>>> did you remove the .la files ?
>>>

>> Nope, didn't bother.  If theyare causing trouble, the developers can
>> remove them by themselves.
>>

> The .la files are specific to your environment.  Therefore they should
> not be distributed in binary packages.  I find it not very kind for the
> end user to have to worry about the contents of the distributed binary
> package because it screws up their environment since the distributor
> "didn't bother" and included files that pertain to his unique environment.

Well, these are my "personal" builds which I am sharing with
others, so I have every right to not bother doing something this
trivial that anyone else can do.  If there's someone out there
who volunteers to extract the packages, remove those *.la files,
repackage them and reupload the 300+ mb thing, then I'm not
holding anyone's hand.

--
O.S.