On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Earnie <ear...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Ozkan Sezer wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Vincent Torri
>> <vincent.to...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> hey
>>>
>>> did you remove the .la files ?
>>>

>> Nope, didn't bother.  If theyare causing trouble, the developers can
>> remove them by themselves.
>>

> The .la files are specific to your environment.  Therefore they should
> not be distributed in binary packages.  I find it not very kind for the
> end user to have to worry about the contents of the distributed binary
> package because it screws up their environment since the distributor
> "didn't bother" and included files that pertain to his unique environment.

Ozkan's builds are the best ones we currently have the capacity to
offer to our users.  The fact that he builds them at all is a godsend,
and I for one certainly won't inspect that gift horse's mouth.  He can
package them any way he wants (That's why it's a personal build and
not an official release).

What's really important is that people that make builds stick around
to support them.  That's way more important than deleting .la files,
and he does a fine job of that.

Keep up the good work, sezero.