2011/4/29 NightStrike <nightstr...@gmail.com>

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Earnie <ear...@users.sourceforge.net>
> wrote:
> > Ozkan Sezer wrote:

> >> Nope, didn't bother.  If theyare causing trouble, the developers can
> >> remove them by themselves.
> >>

> > The .la files are specific to your environment.  Therefore they should
> > not be distributed in binary packages.  I find it not very kind for the
> > end user to have to worry about the contents of the distributed binary
> > package because it screws up their environment since the distributor
> > "didn't bother" and included files that pertain to his unique
> environment.
>
> Ozkan's builds are the best ones we currently have the capacity to
> offer to our users.  The fact that he builds them at all is a godsend,
> and I for one certainly won't inspect that gift horse's mouth.  He can
> package them any way he wants (That's why it's a personal build and
> not an official release).
>
> What's really important is that people that make builds stick around
> to support them.  That's way more important than deleting .la files,
> and he does a fine job of that.
>
> Keep up the good work, sezero.

Hear hear. I agree. It's not that he constantly spews unnecessary updates
that require us to redelete the .la files. And only sucky configury scripts
misread them anyways.

If I may be so blunt and rude, Ozkan, are there plans for a 4.6 build? Your
4.5 build is still my main compiler, which works very well. You see, C++0x
is much improved yet again, and I'd like to "play" with its awesome features
;-)

Thanks,

Ruben