> 19 мая 2015 г., в 10:09, Ruben Van Boxem <vanboxem.ru...@gmail.com>
> написал(а):
>
> Additionally, there seem to be some misconceptions as to the number of
> different toolchains available, I'll offer to straighten that out with him,
> and point him to the official builds we offer here. As to that, is there
> any (significant/important) difference between the MSYS2 builds and the
> official installer builds?
>
> Hi, Ruben!
>
> I’m always backport patches for Python 2/3 from MSYS2 to mingw-builds
> toolchains.
> From my point of view our Python patches will work with most mingw-w64
> toolchains without changes.

Hi Alexey!

How applicable are these patches to upstream Python? Would they break MSVC
compatibility or do you think these can be merged quite cleanly?

I've posted a quick write-up reply to his understanding of the GCC on
Windows situation:
http://bugs.python.org/issue4709?@template=item#msg243563

Let's hope this boost of momentum can be maintained :)

Ruben