On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Alexpux <alex...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 19 мая 2015 г., в 10:48, Ruben Van Boxem <vanboxem.ru...@gmail.com>
> написал(а):

>> 19 мая 2015 г., в 10:09, Ruben Van Boxem <vanboxem.ru...@gmail.com>
>> написал(а):
>>
>> Additionally, there seem to be some misconceptions as to the number of
>> different toolchains available, I'll offer to straighten that out with him,
>> and point him to the official builds we offer here. As to that, is there any
>> (significant/important) difference between the MSYS2 builds and the official
>> installer builds?
>>
>> Hi, Ruben!
>>
>> I’m always backport patches for Python 2/3 from MSYS2 to mingw-builds
>> toolchains.
>> From my point of view our Python patches will work with most mingw-w64
>> toolchains without changes.
>

> Hi Alexey!
>
> How applicable are these patches to upstream Python? Would they break MSVC
> compatibility or do you think these can be merged quite cleanly?

Hi all,

Our patches weren't written with any testing on MSVC, expect failure.
The patches should be reordered so that support for building modules
using GCC (and linking to the MSVC compiled CPython dll and modules)
come first, and we should attempt to upstream those bits first. You'd
need a mingw-w64 that links to the UCRT (somehow) before this will
work.

Ray.