On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:10:08 +0200
Dimitri Georganas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Did you put this atheros card in one week ago? :)

No, it's been in it for more than a month now and everything has been
working smoothly until last week.

> >ath0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0 "Atheros AR5212" rev 0x01: irq 11
> >ath0: mac 80.9 phy 4.3 radio 3.6, 802.11a/b/g, FCC1A, address
>
> 3.7 would crash on ath0 with AR5212 in hostap mode every six hours or
> so. Your watchdog does an excellent job, otherwise your board would
> just freeze.

This is why it gets paid ;)

The reboot is not that periodic (6 hours as you say): it can be as
short as 2 hours to 2 days with, once again, no obvious reason.

> Your best chance is to check out the latest snapshots to see if the
> problem is fixed. I reported it a while ago, but didn't check back. I
> just replaced the atheros card by an old prism card and that one
> works 24/7.

Thanks for your advice, I'll check that.

--
Olivier Mehani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>