On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Claudio Jeker <cje...@diehard.n-r-g.com> wrote:

> Are you running 4.9 or -current? Up until the code generating the LSA
> update packets (and sending them) did not change between 4.8 and 4.9.
> In -current this code got rewritten to fix a issue. IIRC the problem was
> that an LS Update got so big that it did not fit into a MTU sized packet.
> If my memory serves me right then the result was this kind of packet
> storm.
>
> You should try and compile a -current ospfd on your 4.9 system. I think it
> should run without any problems.

I'm running 4.9, not -current. I didn't see anything about people
having this issue in the mailing lists. I see that there was a patch
applied only about 15 minutes ago to something else related to ospfd,
I'm not sure what new issues will occur if I go to -current here since
this box is in production.

My current workaround plan is to eliminate OpenOSPFD from my network.
Fortunately it's just one box for now but I was hoping to add several
others in the next few weeks.

* Can a reliability fix errata be created for this?
* Is the same bug in ospf6d?

--Chris