>On Wed, 25 May 2011 14:26:08 -0500, Amit Kulkarni <amitk...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> all bugfixes go in current and only serious bugfixes or outright
>> security breaches are backported to the current release and current
>> release-1 branches, this is in the FAQ
>

>Is there a reason why an OSPF update larger than 1500 bytes which creates
>a DoS attack

There was a bug.

It was in software you got for free.  It is hopefully fixed, before
the next bug is found and fixed.  In the meantime, further
advancements will improve that software so that it continues to do
neat innovative things.

>and takes down an entire network with ridiculous amounts of
>pps is not considered "serious"?

OK, let me call it "serious", just for a minute.  Do you feel better?
Hey, does everyone else feel better?  Hell, does anyone feel better?

I doubt it.

>I don't think I understand the logic here.

What does logic have to do with calling something "serious" or not
calling it "serious"?  Am I calling it "serious" in the right places?
Do I need to put it on a web page, or a wiki, or is my logic faulty
for not broadcasting it enough?  Should claudio write it on his chest
in permanent marker for you to be satisfied?

Because clearly you are only mouthing off because you want to be
satisfied.

>All users of 4.9 (possibly even 4.8) deserve to have this fixed so
>they don't suffer the same fate.

Oh... all users.

How about me, on my little laptop having a glass of wine with friends.
Do I deserve a fix right now, before I suffer the fate of the ospfd
bug?  I doubt it.

And "deserve"?

Noone deserves anything from us.  People get good things, and they are
happy.  The developers in this project do the best they can writing
innovative software, and will not accept preaching from pompous
self-entitled American pricks like you.

And if there is anyting "All users" "deserve", it is for people like
you to start the apologies.

I believe you deserve to stop running the software.  Right now, ok?