I have Roundcube elsewhere.  It basically runs like any other
IMAP/pop3 client, e.g., communicates over port 110/995/whatever.  My
roundcube install isn't actually on my mail server.

This leads me to think that copying system files into the chroot isn't
going to help.

Using a mail client other than roundcube, can you authenticate to the
server using user@domain, and send mail from user@domain?

==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas