I have used ConnectBot occasionally on an Xperia Neo. The screen
is very small and ConnectBot works best in portrait mode making
the characters even smaller. But it works.

I just downloaded PaderSync SSH Trial and I think I will buy the
full version. It has a semi transparent keyboard with easy
access to Ctrl, Alt, etc keys (in contrast to ConnectBot)
and works in landscape mode giving larger characters.
So it feels a few notches more usable than ConnectBot
(after 5 minutes of using, on a small screen, without hardware
keyboard, ...). It also claims to do scp...

/ Raimo