On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff <czark...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 13:26 +0100, Leonardo Sabino dos Santos wrote:
>> Next, the disk stuff comes up. A lot of partition information appears
>> on the screen, followed by the question:
>>
>>   Use (W)hole disk or (E)dit the MBR? [whole]
>>
>> At this point I'm actually trying to remember if there's a way to
>> scroll back the console, because some information has scrolled of the
>> screen. I try PageUp, PageDown, Ctrl-UpArrow, Ctrl-DownArrow, but
>> nothing works, so I press Enter.
>
> <...>
>
> You were asked whether you want to edit MBR or use the whole disk, and
> you chose using the whole disk. This resulted in your disk being
> occupied by single A6 partition.
>
> So, what went wrong? What kind of confirmation did you want?

I pressed Enter by mistake there (and realized my mistake a couple of
seconds too late). The kind of confirmation I expected is something
like: "This will erase all partitions, are you sure (y/n)?", or an
opportunity to review the settings before committing to the install.

Sorry about the tone earlier, but I'm still incredulous that the
install program would do something as serious as overwriting the
partition table by default without confirmation.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Zak Elep <zak.e...@orangeandbronze.com>
wrote:

> Too bad, a thorough reading of FAQ Chapter 4[0] could have saved you a
> LOT of trouble.
>
> [0]:   http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html

I had actually read chapter 4 of the FAQ before. That's part of the
point: reading won't save you from a wrong keystroke.

 - Leonardo