On 2012-03-07 17.23, Dennis den Brok wrote:
> On 2012-03-07, Raimo Niskanen <raimo+open...@erix.ericsson.se> wrote:
>> So I think a pronounced confirmation question before touching the disk
>> is not a bad thing. It is what many would expect.
> As there seems to be much resistance to one more (redundant) question
> in the installer, I suggest to add a simple message to that part
> of the installer, as in
>
> "(Choosing 'whole disk' will become effective immediately.)"
>
> or even
>
> "Use (W)hole disk (writes to disk immediately) or (E)dit the MBR? [whole]"
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In my opinion, this is the single suggestion in this entire thread
that's actually worth implementing. It's an easy fix, doesn't change
the installer's handling one bit (although it consumes a few more of
the precious bytes) and it might actually prevent someone else with
attention deficit disorder to wreck their disk in the future.

And even if it doesn't, it should at least cool you down enough to opt
out of embarking on a rant about it...

Regards,
/Benny

--
internetlabbet.se     / work:   +46 8 551 124 80      / "Words must
Benny Lofgren        /  mobile: +46 70 718 11 90     /   be weighed,