On 2012-03-07, Raimo Niskanen <raimo+open...@erix.ericsson.se> wrote:
> I just want to defend the OP a wee bit.
>
> Most installers I have encountered; Linux, FreeBSD, ... have a
> very pronounced confirmation question just before making irreversible
> changes to the target disk. Especially the ones that start by
> collecting configuration information and then do the installation
> in one pass without user interaction (SuSE comes to mind),
> which the OpenBSD installer nowdays does more than in the past...
>
> So I think a pronounced confirmation question before touching the disk
> is not a bad thing. It is what many would expect.

As there seems to be much resistance to one more (redundant) question
in the installer, I suggest to add a simple message to that part
of the installer, as in

"(Choosing 'whole disk' will become effective immediately.)"

or even

"Use (W)hole disk (writes to disk immediately) or (E)dit the MBR? [whole]"

While the FAQ is indeed clear, the installer's simplicity appears
at that point a little deceptive, in that one (I know I was) is
tempted to think that such a user-friendly installer would not harm
one so easily...

--
Dennis den Brok