Hugo Osvaldo Barrera <h...@osvaldobarrera.com.ar> writes:

> Hi,

Hi.

> I'm trying to evaluate how to set up my OpenBSD server as an internet
> gateway.
>
> I've a static IPv4 address, and a /48 IPv6 block.
> I've already NATed IPv4 using PF, but I'm in doubt on how to bridge the
> IPv6 part without breaking the IPv4 NAT.
>
> I'll assume lan=eth0 and wan=eth1 to make this a bit more readable.

Sadly, what should we understand here?  Are they really both ethernet
interfaces?

> From what I've managed to think up, I'd have to bridge both interfaces
> (eth0/eth1), and use PF to disallow traffic to/from private IP4s on eth1.

Bridging can be seen as an ugly solution when you only get a /64 from
your ISP, and you have to let RAs go through.  Slightly less ugly, ndp
proxying.  I've not tested it, though, but I believe ndp(8) could be
used here.  But...

> My doubt is: if I bridge both interfaces, can I still NAT properly?
> If br0 contains eth1 and eth0, can I bridge "from br0 to br0"?
> This may sound odd, but br0 has actually two IPv4 addresses; the private
> and public.
>
> Also, if eth1 in bridged, I can still drop packets using pf properly,
> right? (discarting private-network packets on it is what I've in mind).
>
> Is this the proper solution?  Or is there some other way I haven't
> thought of?

... how does your ISP provide you IPv6 connectivity?  I can't see why
someone couldn't use proper subnetting, being given a /48.  You should
also tell us how you get v4 connectivity, I think.

HTH
--
Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
GPG fingerprint: 61DB D9A0 00A4 67CF 2A90 8961 6191 8FBF 06A1 1494