Hugo Osvaldo Barrera <h...@osvaldobarrera.com.ar> writes:

[...]

>> ... how does your ISP provide you IPv6 connectivity?  I can't see why
>> someone couldn't use proper subnetting, being given a /48.  You should
>> also tell us how you get v4 connectivity, I think.
>
> I get a /48 block, and a gateway I should use.  As for IPv4, I get an IP
> address, and a gateway I should use.

What's the address of the gateway, then?  Is it part of your /48?
Is there an equipment furnished by your ISP involved?  C'mon, just
provide raw information.

> If I subnet the IPv6 block, and set up my server as a router, wouldn't
> my ISP have to now which IP is the route to my subnet?

Probably, but see my question above.  What exact instructions were you
given?  What's your ISP?  Are there online docs?

I may be missing something, but still...

[...]

--
Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
GPG fingerprint: 61DB D9A0 00A4 67CF 2A90 8961 6191 8FBF 06A1 1494