Thanks for clarification.

I disabled NAT-T with isakmpd -K -T.

A few of my VPNs came to life with this setting, but were instable ( rapid
renegotiation ).

Still only about one third of my vpns (that worked with OpenBSD 4.6 ) work with
OpenBSD 5.2.

Many negotiations get rejected by OpenBSD with 'NO PROPOSAL CHOSEN', or
'PAYLOAD MALFORMED' or 'INVALID ID'

For some of those I see messages in /var/log/messages like :

Sep 24 20:00:09 q-dsl isakmpd[3828]: attribute_unacceptable: attr
ENCRYPTION_ALGORITHM does not exist in
phase1-transform-peer-a.b.c.d-PRE_SHARED-MD5-AES128

( for a VPN peer  which is configured with MD5-AES-128 in ipsec.conf and which,
according to tcpdump, tries to negotiate exactly MD5 and AES-128  ).

No idea what this means.

Regards