Hello misc,

I'm migrating my data from an ext3 partition (formatted under Debian
6.0, sparc64) to my new i386 OBSD system.
When copying I found out that some files weren't copied correctly and
returned the error: "read error: Invalid argument".

The files are usable when mounting the disk under i386 Debian, so it's
not an cpu-architectural problem.

Other programs trying to operate on these files via ext2fs also fail
with the same notion, (e.g. md5). And extracting these files from a
tarball also result in the same error.
The ls command does succeed and shows the correct information
(file-size, access-time, etc).

When moving these files over via nfs the problem doesn't occur and the
files are saved correctly on my ffs partition.

How can I trace this problem, so I can fill in a decent bug-report?

Sincerely,

Martijn van Duren