Martijn van Duren schreef op zo 30-12-2012 om 17:15 [+0100]:
> I also found an old threat[1] where they say they have a patch for
> accessing ext2 partitions with a different inodesize then 128, although
> I can't find any information of what ever happened with that patch.

On some further investigation I found that big inodesizes have indeed
been implemented.[1][2][3] This explains why I can mount the filesystem
and use most of the files, but doesn't answer my question where the read
request go haywire or how I can actually debug this issue myself. (I
don't know how to debug/trace read(2), so it would be highly appreciated
if someone can explain me how to do this, or point me to the
documentation that explains me how to do this.)

[1]http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/ufs/ext2fs/ext2fs_dinode.h#rev1.11
[2]http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/ufs/ext2fs/ext2fs_inode.c#rev1.43
[3]http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/ufs/ext2fs/ext2fs_vfsops.c#rev1.51