I've set up a small recurring donation for now.

I'd like to throw out some ideas and questions if I may:

* Anyone selling an OpenBSD-based solution to business customers might
want to imagine the OS has some sort of 'license fee', increase the
quote for their work accordingly, and pass along the sum in donations.

* Please could we get a newer picture than rack2009.jpg?  I assume much
has already changed;  I don't see a loongson build machine for example.
 Would the picture be anywhere near representative of where the CAN$20k
electricity costs arise?

* Is there any easy means on-hand to measure power consumption, maybe
reading stats from the UPSes, or using plug-in meters such as those made
by CurrentCost; would anything like that be worth putting on the
hardware wishlist?

* Could potential energy savings be roughly worked out, and maybe
mentioned in the hardware wishlist somehow?  Would a Sun Fire T1000 be
able to replace some number of older sparc boxes for example?  And as
SSDs become larger, would a pair of them be able to replace some number
of power-hungry 10k RPM disks?  Such things are all the more valuable as
donations if they have a lower operating cost than what they replaced.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
ste...@pyro.eu.org