On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:30 AM, nobody <openbsd.as.a.desk...@gmail.com>wrote:

> umm, but isn't a CNAME or redirect or whatever should be needed? So if
> people type in the browser:
>
> openbsd.org
>
> they can be redirected to www.openbsd.org ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Ingo Schwarze <schwa...@usta.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi Marko,
> >
> > Marko Cupac wrote on Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 05:10:13PM +0100:

> > > This is strange. I think I was able to access www.openbsd.org
> > > via http on openbsd.org as well.
> >
> > No, you were not.  Both were different sites, located on different
> > machines, in different cities, with different content.
> >
> > The site openbsd.org was never intended for public consumption.
> > It always was a test site intended for development only.
> > It was often out of date or ahead of time with respect to the
> > public site, www.openbsd.org.
> >
> > Yours,
> >   Ingo

Citation needed, please direct us to the rfc that states example.org should
contain content, or redirect to www.example.org. I'm not sure why this is
so tough for people, but openbsd.org pointed to a machine in Theo's house
that had a slow link, and contained a not intended for public consumption
mock-up of the site.Use of it as a testbed has been discontinued. There
shouldn't be any links to that machine, and if there are they should die.
If you are unduly burdened by having to type the machine name of web server
into your browser, I vastly apologize. Please let this and all other
discussion (people have been asking why it was out of sync with www for
years) of the web content of openbsd.org die.