Theo,
Perhaps you misunderstood what I said. I have no gripe or issue with the
openbsd project.  It's unarguable that having a CNAME record at the apex of a
domain can lead to issues. I'm sure someone as intelligent and accomplished as
yourself can find the relevant documentation.

 I could care less if openbsd.org has an A record; www.openbsd.org is an A
record, cname or any other type of record; or if the two domain names resolve
to the same place or not.

I was simply expanding on the technical point that openbsd.org should not be a
cname.

Thanks,
--
Josh Smith