David Vasek [va...@fido.cz] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask you. Does anybody have a real life experience with a few
> TB large encrypted vnd(4) image which hosts a filesystem which is
> intensively written to and read from? In such a setup where the host device
> is a 4k-byte sector drive and the vnd(4) emulates a 512-byte sector device,
> is it robust enough? I suppose the vnd sectors would be used in groups of
> eight or more (4096-byte fragments) and would be aligned to the host drive
> sectors. Are there any issues? Is the double filesystem overhead and double
> buffering a problem?

Keep in mind, vnd emulates 512 byte sectors because that's the default disklabel
that it uses

You are free to specify a different disklabel in /etc/disktab and use
vnconfig -t xyz to get vnd to recognize the CHS, sector size and total
sector parameters. I believe you also have to use vnconfig -t ... when you
mount this image.