On Thu 24/04, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 11:21:33PM +0200, Alessandro DE LAURENZIS wrote:
> > How can I check? For sure, there is no mention in the BIOS setup...
>
> To find out if ASF is enabled, change this:
>
>       /* Allow WoL if ASF is unsupported or disabled. */
>       if (!(sc->bge_flags & BGE_ASF_MODE)) {
>               ifp->if_capabilities |= IFCAP_WOL;
>               ifp->if_wol = bge_wol;
>
>               /* This heuristic matches the Linux driver. */
>               if (!(hwcfg & BGE_HWCFG_EEPROM_WRITE_PROTECT))
>                       sc->bge_flags |= BGE_WOL_NEEDS_VAUX;
>       }
>
> to this:
>
>       /* Allow WoL if ASF is unsupported or disabled. */
>       if (!(sc->bge_flags & BGE_ASF_MODE)) {
>               ifp->if_capabilities |= IFCAP_WOL;
>               ifp->if_wol = bge_wol;
>
>               /* This heuristic matches the Linux driver. */
>               if (!(hwcfg & BGE_HWCFG_EEPROM_WRITE_PROTECT))
>                       sc->bge_flags |= BGE_WOL_NEEDS_VAUX;
>       } else {
>               printf("%s: I'm suffering from ASF\n", sc->bge_dev.dv_xname);
>       }
>
> If ASF is present, you can either ignore the danger and remove the
> if (!(sc->bge_flags & BGE_ASF_MODE)) check and always enable WOL (this
> approach will probably never be part of the official OpenBSD code base),
> or try to find a way to disable ASF (but I can't tell you how because
> I don't know how it can be disabled).

After further checks, I noticed that there still was a part of the patch
not correctly applied. I modified a bit the code and renamed the two
constants. Now there is no error after "ifconfig bge0 wol".

But the i/f is still powered off. Even removing the check on the ASF
presence, the result is identical.

I'm wondering if it could be an ACPI side effect... Any way to force
it to not disable the Eth?

--
Alessandro DE LAURENZIS
[mailto:just22....@gmail.com]