Hi Jeremy,

Jeremy wrote on Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 06:33:57PM -0500:

> I very much believe the OpenBSD is important and needs support.
> I am not a programmer, and I do not have money to donate.
> What other ways are there to contribute?

In addition to what Ted said, one other way is to help improving
the documentation.  Programming skills definitely help with that,
in particular the ability to *read* (not necessarily write) C code,
but some things can be done without or with little coding skills.

This is less trivial than it seems because most aspects of the
manuals already are of good quality and there is an unwritten house
style to observe.  But there definitely are lots of things that need
doing (occasional missing or wrong information, inconsistent markup,
outdated standards compliance info in sections 2 and 3, some programs
lack mdoc manuals, lots of missing HISTORY and AUTHORS information,
and more, some of what is not very accessible to beginners).

Actually, hunting for code bugs as Ted suggested and hunting for
documentation bugs can be done at the same time.  Chances are
reports of presumed doc bugs will actually result in code commits
and vice versa.  Just find something that looks broken, submit
patches and learn from the feedback.  At first, expect that only
a minority of your patches result in direct commits - until you
understand the system quite well and the quality of your patches
improves accordingly.

Yours,
  Ingo