Hi Andrew,

andrew fabbro wrote on Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 04:34:35PM -0800:

> What about writing tutorials/articles?

That is most definitely *not* a job for beginners.
Writing good tutorials requires much more expertise and
experience than writing reference documentation or
hunting for bugs.

> There's www.openbsdsupport.org which I believe is officially blessed

Not at all.  It is completely unofficial, i didn't even know about it,
and a brief look gives me the impression that most of the content is
probably completely outdated.  Besides, i haven't ever heard of most
of the authors, so i doubt the content could be trusted in the first
place.

I'd strongly advise against using that site for anything.

> though it doesn't look too active.  Probably for lack of people
> submitting articles :-)
>
> Of course if you have a blog or web site you can write OpenBSD
> stuff for it.

Please don't.  Beginners spreading misinformation across the web are
not helping anybody.  If you think something could be added to the
FAQ, submit it for inclusion and have it checked.  Don't publish
random, unchecked stuff in random locations.

> I know I've sometimes struggled with putting the pieces together where a
> step-by-step "how to accomplish X" with OpenBSD would have helped.  Just
> last week, Ted Unangst's "what I wish I known before setting up OpenBSD on
> my Beagle Bone Black" on his blog saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Yes.  That is different.  If people who really know what they are doing
prepare writeups, that can indeed be helpful.

Yours,
  Ingo