> but in my experience it is not that hard to get a
> corrupted filesystem with softupdates and i had to stop
> using it.  but i seem to attract panics and
> page faults.

> in the recent past i had corrupted filesystems even
> without softupdates, up to a point that nowadays i
> mount -o sync,noatime.

> i have a toshiba ssd, so it actually feels like having
> softupdates on :)

> when your hardware (and its drivers) are solid,
> i am all for it though.  i just dont have that hw.

I might be quick on judgement or even mess with thread's topic, but
did you reported that problem anywere close to openbsd project lists?
SSD is a very used hardware under OpenBSD, it is not so exotic. I
think that are developers who can take a look at your problem if you
report it.

After watching this thread, I enabled softdep on all FFS partitions
thinking that Firefox will speed up a bit. I will see the results in
time.