On 1/21/2015 5:50 AM, frantisek holop wrote:
but in my experience it is not that hard to get a
corrupted filesystem with softupdates and i had to stop
using it.  but i seem to attract panics and
page faults.

I've personally had problems with OpenBSD panics with softupdates when running under ESXi when the back-end storage becomes high-latency (aggressive SAN backups, not enough spindles). I haven't tried recently (it was difficult to repro on demand) but I didn't really consider it an OpenBSD issue. Presumably softupdate has shorter timeouts.