Being a recent user of OpenBSD I had the need to read faq 11 in some detail. May I propose to the responsible(s) that the following additions/clarifications be added to the faq:

* mention that the "segmentation fault"-message when running the X -configure is harmless and that the xorg.conf.new file was created as it should.

* be sure that this info is obvious: "Your xorg.conf file is /root/xorg.conf.new ". A new user typically logs in to his account, su to root, run X -configure, and start looking for the file in the current directory. Well, it's not there.

* clear up the links http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/xenocara/distrib/notes/README.amd64 and http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/xenocara/distrib/notes/README.i386 . The linked text refers to the page where the links are. This is not very helpful as the user never would have clicked the link if the info already was available. Furthermore, the linked text ends with the phrase "problem_blurb" suggesting that it is unfinished.

/Birger