On 2015-11-14 16.27.30 +0100, bian wrote:
> * mention that the "segmentation fault"-message when running the X
> -configure is harmless and that the xorg.conf.new file was created as it
> should.

That's a bug, and while I likely can't fix it (will gladly look), we'll
need your dmesg and the backtrace from the coredump, in the least.

> * be sure that this info is obvious: "Your xorg.conf file is
> /root/xorg.conf.new ". A new user typically logs in to his account, su to
> root, run X -configure, and start looking for the file in the current
> directory. Well, it's not there.

Seems like something that should be updated in Xorg(1). Though, I must
say: typically a new user will not configure X at all, and won't use
su(1) if they do. Does this confusion appear when using doas(1)/sudo(1)?

> * clear up the links
> http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/xenocara/distrib/notes/README.amd64
> and
> http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/xenocara/distrib/notes/README.i386
> . The linked text refers to the page where the links are. This is not very
> helpful as the user never would have clicked the link if the info already
> was available. Furthermore, the linked text ends with the phrase
> "problem_blurb" suggesting that it is unfinished.

Perhaps you have a patch that clarifies this?