Em 30-11-2015 19:03, Tati Chevron escreveu:
> Again, the original idea wasn't mine.  I commented on the thread, but in
> my mind, I imagined receiving the install source on a medium that had the
> same bar to tampering as a CD, such as masked rom.  I wasn't thinking of
> a standard USB flash device with a glued write-protect switch.  My
> original
> post was a mixture of various thoughts that shouldn't really have been
> posted
> without further consideration.
    I don't know if most people are aware of this, but this has been
discussed on this list many times. The income of CD sales are what "kind
of" pays for Theo full time involvement with OpenBSD. I say "kind of"
because sales, as he already mentioned, are going down and down each
release. Don't have a CD reader on the machine? Buy them anyway and opt
out of the delivery. You can download the iso from the internet, safely
verify them and write your own USB stick with it. And Theo gets pay for
the wonderful job he (and others of course) do with OpenBSD.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini