> > Now to be clear Theo, are donation via the paypal on the donations page
> > are directly to you and you can do as you see fit, and/or only checks
> > would be best?
>
> Correct, as I see fit.  I try to use it for the Project for things the
> Foundation doesn't fund.  I declared it that way on the web site.  I
> have not used it much for my own needs.

I'd guess this has been thought of and just throwing in lame ideas
on the off chance it's of any use and maybe it's just extra site coding
work and there are legal complications, if not then are the people in
charge of the foundation website/operation privvy to this list? Is Bob
part of that?

I wonder if it would gain any traction if there was a separate donation
box and cheque address with a statement along the lines of The OpenBSD
project leader works full time and receives no support from donations
to the foundation. If you would like to also support The project
leader directly then you can do so here or by sending a cheque to.

_______________Made up example, Don't send here________________

Theo De Raadt
The OpenBSD project leader
8101 160 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T5R 2G9

Alternatively but perhaps more complex behind the scenes?.. a percentage
box so everytime someone makes a donation they can choose a percentage
of their donation to the foundation from 0%-?% that goes to support the
project leader.

That way I guess the project leader could choose to waive it if the
foundation is ever in trouble financially should they wish so long as
the site foundation site discloses that possibility for legal reasons I
guess?

--

KISSIS - Keep It Simple So It's Securable