Luke Small said:
> There are other features that inexperienced users could benefit from, like
> selecting a mirror for PKG_PATH and putting it into .profile . I think that
> it would be convenient to be able have a new user not to have to wade
> through man pages to learn about "echo " PKG_PATH..." >> /root/.profile" or
> learn vi to install kde or gnome or an easier to use text editor like pico.
> I suspect you are driving away folks by making it only useable by folks
> that REALLY want to use it and it doesn't have to be that way.

Ironically installer creates /etc/pkg.conf with package path set to
mirror used during installation.  That puts "easier" editors like pico,
as wel as gnome and kde, just one pkg_add away.

On the other hand, if someone doesn't want to learn shell syntax and
other Unix basics, we would do a misservice by hiding the fact that this
knowledge is strictly necessary on OpenBSD.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff