I suspect that there could be a number of minor implementation tweaks that
could be addressed that would be convenient to avoid presumably to
streamline the install process for folks that would prefer to avoid an
incessant procession of questions.

There are other features that inexperienced users could benefit from, like
selecting a mirror for PKG_PATH and putting it into .profile . I think that
it would be convenient to be able have a new user not to have to wade
through man pages to learn about "echo " PKG_PATH..." >> /root/.profile" or
learn vi to install kde or gnome or an easier to use text editor like pico.
I suspect you are driving away folks by making it only useable by folks
that REALLY want to use it and it doesn't have to be that way.