On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 03:22:19PM +0200, Kamil Cholewiński wrote:
> Perhaps it's time that the best tool be chosen and made a part of the
> base install? I've already seen like a 100 different OBSD WiFi scripts
> floating around the 'net, and naturally I also have a DIY one.

No scripts for this, please.

We need a well engineered to make the kernel handle this, perhaps with some
help from userland. Various ideas have been porposed (not always on list,
but mostly during face-to-face discussions at hackathons).

What we need is someone who wants to sit down and drive the project home,
i.e. wrap up the design discussion within the community and write the code.
I'm up for helping people through this, but it really needs someone else
dedicated to take responsibility for this project and the implementation.

One thing we should probably fix first is roaming support in the kernel.