On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 02:38:06AM +0800, Ray Lai wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 15:52:34 +0200
> Stefan Sperling <s...@stsp.name> wrote:
> > One thing we should probably fix first is roaming support in the kernel.
>
> Do you mean 802.11r support?

No, that extension seems to be about moving fast across a huge range.
It addresses a special case of roaming.

AFAIK the standard doesn't specify how roaming should be done in general.

I mean just something like watching for beacon signal strength, counting
missed beacons, or whatever heuristic is possible with the given hardware,
and then retriggering a scan when the AP can be considered "gone" or a
"better" AP is available.
And get this working with as many drivers as possible.