Fri, 24 Jun 2016 23:30:37 +0000 (UTC) Christian Weisgerber
<na...@mips.inka.de>
> On 2016-06-24, Chris Cappuccio <ch...@nmedia.net> wrote:
>
> >> Walking on the wild side, I suppose something could be done with a
> >> switch and vlans.
> >
> > Yeah, but now your switch is using ten times the power of your router.
>
> There are small managed switches that have a size and power profile
> similar to any dumb desktop switch, e.g.:
> http://www.tp-link.us/products/details/cat-39_TL-SG3210.html

Yeah, guess I will revert to the copper only models for (home) office,
this looks nice!  Anyone can say something about the management iface?
Some ageing dumb 100 Mbps are giving in and I'm tired of re-soldering.
Luckily have spare switches, handfuls of capacitors, yet one switches
eats through them and I acquired that after market.  I hate the thing.
I think one similar TL will actually go on and buy in the near future.