Fri, 24 Jun 2016 14:37:20 -0700 Chris Cappuccio <ch...@nmedia.net>
> Jacob L. Leifman [jac...@bitwise.net] wrote:
> > Is it possible to add more wired NICs to the APU? Alternatively, is
> > there a comparably robust and OpenBSD supported low-wattage platform
> > with at least 4 (and preferrably 5-6) NICs?
>
> It has two mini pci-e slots. Syba and others make a mini pci-e gigabit card.
> That might work, but you'll have to modify the case. There are plenty of
> boxes even faster, like supermicro SYS-E200-9B with 4 LAN (X11SBA-LN4F).

See also the below 7 LAN system.  Beware the fans are high pitch noisy
higher static pressure (4cm).  The CPU is 20W TDP rate Atom C2758.  It
has 7 on system GbE LAN ports + 1 IPMI GbE LAN port.  I hate: they did
not put an RS-232 Serial port above the VGA port.  I have not used it,
so can not provide any dmesg for this, and can't comment on price too.

SuperMicro Server 1U SYS-5018A-TN7B
[http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5018/SYS-5018A-TN7B.cfm]

SuperMicro Motherboard A1SRM-LN7F-2758
[http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Atom/X10/A1SRM-LN7F-2758.cfm]

ServeTheHome 2014 Review A1SRM-LN7F-2758
[http://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-a1srm-ln7f-2758-review-awesome/]

A 200W small form factor PSU may be ideal, if you can find a nice TFX.
Some mini-ITX chassis have these included and make a nice case per se.
There may be other 4+ GbE systems on the market w/o BMC for much less
$, expect this to top 400 USD street price today and potential quirks.
I would pick this board ANY day but NOT the chassis for (home) office.
This is a huge overkill for the residential Internet offers, mind you.
Another idea is to check for 4 port PCI cards and extend a -LN4 board.