Sat, 25 Jun 2016 01:23:25 +0200 Christian Weisgerber
<na...@mips.inka.de>
> David Vasek:
>
> > As there are two USB ports, any USB-attached ethernet adapter should work.
> > With a powered USB hub, probably a number of them. Am I right?
>
> If you are desperate enough.
>
> There's a dual axen(4) adapter in one package:
> https://www.startech.com/Networking-IO/usb-network-adapters/USB-3-to-Dual-Port-Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter-NIC-with-USB-Port~USB32000SPT

I was lucky on random 1st pull out of Ebay for a 100 Mbps USB blue clear
plastic with SMD LED on-board and what looked on the picture and in the
description as an ASIX new model USB to Ethernet adaptor, ordered 2 pcs:

axe0 at uhub5 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "ASIX Electronics AX88772B"
rev 2.00/0.01 addr 5
axe0: AX88772B, address 00:80:8e:mask
ukphy0 at axe0 phy 16: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface, rev. 1: OUI
0x000ec6, model 0x0008

axe1 at uhub5 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0 "ASIX Electronics AX88772B"
rev 2.00/0.01 addr 7
axe1: AX88772B, address 00:80:8e:mask
ukphy1 at axe1 phy 16: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface, rev. 1: OUI
0x000ec6, model 0x0008

The sellers rotate their offers frequently so cannot give adequate link.
Note, I can't imagine GbE pulled out of USB2, and that's why cheap's OK.

These work, but as you presume I do not use them in production, just as
a fallback for the comm device Atom N280 (EEE PC 1005HA-B) sub-notebook.

You may want to pick another one, I just wanted to share that this works,
in contrast with the USB to RS-232 adaptors I picked, that're dismantled.