On 25/01/17 11:08, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have received a (maybe) "stupid" request from one of our customers. We
> have a pair of public OpenBSD firewalls (CARPed) that our development team
> use to access to several customers via VPN IPsec tunnels. But this morning we
> have received a request from one of these cutomers to access to our
> development servers using only one acl to permit their public IP address
> (without using VPN IPsec, or VPN SSL tunnels).
>
>  And my (OT) question: how easy is to do a MITM attack (DNS spoofing for
> example, or another type of attack that permits to fake source public ip
> address) in this scenario?
>
> Many thanks.

I guess they want to avoid setting up the VPN...

Maybe you could use ssh tunneling with pub/priv keys and authpf for dynamic pf
rules to access the internal servers?
So essentially a ssh-vpn solution...
don't know if this feats your setup.

Alternatively you could set the external acl on the firewall and enhance the
authentication on the internal servers.