One alternative, for production of Word documents, might be to use
Pandoc for converting from a lightweight markup language to DOCX. There
is no OpenBSD package for Pandoc, and building it OpenBSD can be tricky,
but I have succeeded with GHC 7.10.3 (wxallowed has to be enabled on
home and tmp). You might still need access to a system with Word,
however, for working with document templates, previewing documents, and
render some elements such as tables of contents.

Regards,
Karl P