Solene, Ken,

thanks a lot for quick responses. Primarily I need to protect the laptop
against losing/stealing it. Therefore FDE would be ideal, however I've red
somewhere that FDE is not officially supported on OpenBSD.
It would probably make sense to combine both - FDE and to have most
sensitive data additionally encrypted using virtual block device (as I do
not need to have these permanently mounted).

Jan