Would the devs consider compiling a list of specific improvements they'd like
to see volunteer'd upon this summer? I'd love to help especially if it was a
group effort/friendly competition.

From: owner-m...@openbsd.org <owner-m...@openbsd.org> on behalf of Bob Beck
<b...@obtuse.com>
Sent: April 2, 2017 10:16:21 PM
To: Luke Small
Cc: openbsd-misc
Subject: Re: Why isn't OpenBSD in Google Summer of Code 2017?...

We tried it for two years, it was too much effort on the part of the
foundation organizers mentors to deal with the bureaucracy involved, and we
didn't really see enough
return in terms of new developers to the project, which, frankly being
selfish on OpenBSD's part is the only reason for us to do it.

Both Ken Westerback and I organized our end of it and dealt with the google
paperwork the two years we did it, Neither of us is willing to do it again,
and while I won't
directly speak for Ken, I would not support us spending effort on this when
there are lots of other things to do.. It just doesn't have the benefit for
OpenBSD, especially
in light of the effort of the volunteers necessary to participate.