Hi,

Lari Rasku wrote on Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 09:58:04PM +0200:

> (Surprising to see that the average OpenBSD Git object is almost
> thrice the size of a Linux one, though.)

Comparing apples with oranges: Linux is a kernel, OpenBSD src
contains userland.

Linux-land stuff is famous for excessive abstraction.
OpenBSD values simplicity and avoids abstraction where possible.
I wouldn't be surprised if that results in larger files actually
doing some real work and in a lesser amount of shallow scaffolding.
Pure speculation, though, spending time to find out for real is hardly
worthwhile, i think.

Yours,
  Ingo