On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 6:31 PM Nan Xiao <xiaonan830...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks very much for your time and patience. I run "syspatch" command
> regularly, so it should be 6.3-stable.
>

> My full dmesg output is here:

Okay, nothing weird in there.

And full ouput of "vmstat -m":

Nothing stands out in that output either, with nothing showing failures or
consuming much more than might be expected.

So, I'm back to my theory that the programs that are failing to run for you
are from packages built for -current and not -stable and have
PT_OPENBSD_RANDOMIZE segments larger than are permitted by -stable.

For example, the gdb-7.12.1p2 package in -current has an 88kB
PT_OPENBSD_RANDOMIZE segment:

: morgaine; readelf -Wl /usr/local/bin/egdb | awk '/RANDOM/{print
($5+0)/1024}
88.4844
: morgaine;

That's bigger than what a -stable kernel will permit.

So, what's the output of that command for the egdb binary that fails for
you, and how confident are you that it's from a -stable package and not a
-current package?

Philip Guenther