On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 06:09:39PM +0000, Z Ero wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
> Thanks for the respectful reply. I am a little bewildered by the
> degree of unwarranted hostility the original post met, but whatever,
> when in Rome... I believe as of now most commercially available small
> business or home LAN routers / WAN gateways are 32 bit MIPS or ARM
> based (as opposed to enterprise, c.f. the 64 bit MIPS Octeon Edge
> Router). I understand your comment about the larger 64 bit address
> space being more secure because it is such a vaster space better able
> to be randomised, but I am not sure how much this really matters
> practically. For example, have journal studies shown that in the real
> world 32 bit routers are actually hacked or 'pwned' at a higher rate
> (after accounting for market share) than 64 bit based machines?

I highly recommend you read the full site at https://www.openbsd.org
If the developers of OpenBSD say something about security, well you
better believe it.
Note: Two, not two thousand, bugs in more than 20 years that have
resulted in remote access being possible.
I sleep very well each night knowing that, unless someone has physically
in person attacked my server, I have no problems.

I also recommend that you pay close attention to the refusal to allow
anyone who is, was or used to be part of the USA to contribute to
anything related to cryptography. Look up and pay attention to all of
the past and continuing attacks on cryptography that the USA continues.

Finally, whether intended or not, your intention to try to SELL
something on this list is extraordinarily rude. Move on and go learn
about this on your own. The Internet is filled with useful information.
The mailing list archives also have a tremendous amount of useful info.

Perhaps reading the source code, which is freely available, deals with
all of these issues. If you can't program C, learn it.

Chris Bennett