But - The thing that isn't mentioned here is basically Power Cost and
Consumption vs PPS(Packet Processing Speed).

IMNSHO running on anything that doesn't ;

A) Have passive Cooling
B) Is older than a couple of years (in intel/amd terms anything with a
TDPW above 65W)

 - is probably not a great idea. Mainly because the on-going cost of
supplying power to old junkers isn't worth what you can do with a
'newish' junker.

If you have free electricity, feel free to do what you like I guess.

-Joel