On Sun, Sep 09, 2018 at 05:49:31PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> In a nutshell, monitoring email is concentrating on what is really
> likely to be one of the less problematic areas. The others, which IMO
> are MUCH more likely to be involved if any problems do occur, are less
> amenable to this sort of treatment.
>
> (For my children, 12-16, email is pretty much a last resort if other
> methods aren't available, I think that's pretty common nowadays).

It's funny how things change per generation in tech. Even though I have a smart
phone if I really have to compose a message I want a keyboard. And for
communication I so prefer email because it can truly work on all connected
devices where chat, and texts and other apps I am more at the mercy of an app or
proprietary api, meanwhile with email I sync my mutt config and I have the
terminal and vi style interface to work with that can be the same everywhere.

I am now the fuddy duddy...

Ken